Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 22, 2014

Abano Terme

Hello my dear friends!

I looked when I last posted and it is almost a month has passed! I honestly don't know how that has happened! I have been on holiday in Italy that was 1 week gone but the rest is just me not being as active as I should be! This waiting for things in my life to be sorted has certainly taken a tole on my blogging! I just have no proper will to do much - well I am still passionate about making cards and I will show them in the next few days! 
I had a very nice holiday with my DBF  in Abano Terme - it is a lovely place in Italy not far from Venice and Padova - with lots of hotels and Spas - very calm atmosphere! Italians certainly know how to enjoy life!
Here is the hotel lounge - it is quite an old hotel....



This is looking out to the pool where we went swimming every day...



We visited the home village of the famous Italian renaissance poet, scholar and humanist Francesco Petrarca...



Lovely place - huh hard to get to though if you have dogy knees but with the help of my stick I managed to climber up there...

Everywhere you go in Italy  there are old buildings with balconies and flowers on them - so pretty!

And now ladies a bit of fashion for you! Braccialini is a famous make of bags with aplique - they make so many interesting designs - I photographed them in the shop window...

Here are 2 with Madonna and Audrey Hepburn and I think Marilyn Monroe!


 It was just before the Scottish referendum so this one was apt...


And here is one with New York... also on all of the photos you can see the new autumn shoe collection!



So there a little bit of Italy for you!
Have a lovely day....I will be back later!
Hugs to all of you,
Cardarian


3 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I really enjoyed our visit there with you last year and wish we had been with you once again. So happy that you had a great trip!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a wonderful time - thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. O oddih kje si
    vidim, da si uživala
    krasno
    baterije se morajo tudi napolniti
    lp Tamara

    ReplyDelete