Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 21, 2015

A late WOYWW! Remembering the crop!

Hello my dear friends!

I am a day late posting but I had visitors all day yesterday, cooking and baking and making tea so at 10pm when they left I was so tired I couldn't stand on my feet!
But I am here as early as I was able just to say a few words about the crop!
So first of all thank you to Jan and Julia! As you can see I put Jan first as (so Julia says) she is the main organizer of the event and Julia just turns up - not true really - she makes tea and coffee for us she chats all day and organizes the raffle and well she initially tells us about the crop and gives us all the detail. But the real working force is Jan - she and her boys make sure we have tables and chairs to sit on, she makes sure we are well fed, she makes sure photos are taken and that we have a constant supply of cake! Thank you to both of you - you both do your bit and we are ever so thankful you do it!
Now to tell you about the wonderful chat and friendship we have, the ability to actually see the person who's blog you comment on week after week is just amazing! I am so happy I was able to go because really every time you go there are new people there! I was happy to meet Chris, Debbie and Maggie who I have not met before! There was 17 of us there and I hope there will be more of us next time it happens because it is really fun and girls you should go!!!!
So first a bit of the usual business....showing my desk - this week what you can see is a load of ATCs which I have swaped at the crop!
Thank you to all the girls for this lovely collection of ATCs. If somebody didn't get one from me or would want one please let me know! I know I didn't seem to have picked one up from Wipso but I did put one in her envelope so please Annie can I get one from you? I will also send one to Shaz as she left before I had dished mine out!
I loved the lemon cake we had at the crop - ha, ha I was so inspired I baked some yesterday! I think it wasn't as good as the one at the crop but my visitors seemed to have liked it!

I pintched a few photos off of Jan's blog - please visit her blog if you want to see all the goings on at the crop - I will just show you a few!
The usuall big photo of all of us together, then you can see me, Jan, Shaz and Julia, my DBF playing the unusal instrument and the happy birthday ZOE!!!!


Thats it from me! I have to have a cup of tea now!
Lots of hugs to all of you!
CARDARIAN

10 comments:

  1. Hi Dolores. I've just enlarged the pic of the ATCs cos I couldn't see one off me then read your post....should have read that first shouldn't I? There were extra ATCs there so should have been one there for you but of course I'm happy to send you one.....please email me your new address.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see the photos of the crop and especially to see Alan - hope he soon has his operation and you can get on with life once it is out of the way.
    Hugs, Neet 17 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous selection of keepsakes. I'm just finishing off the hop as life just got in the way a little bit yesterday, if only I could do without sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure was a great day wasn't it? Though over too quickly. Lovely to see you both again.
    Hugs
    Hettie 49
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, your lemon cake looked lovely!! I bet it tasted delicious too :-)
    It's a shame about Alan's cancelled op, however, I'm being very selfish because it was really lovely to see you both!! I quite enjoyed the smaller numbers...it made chatting to everyone much easier!
    Hugs, LLJ 15 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great collection of ATC's you have there
    Thanks for visiting me
    Laura
    32

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am so glad you went to the crop in the end and what fun you had with all. That lemon cake looks so yummie. Great bunch of photos and I see you got one of my ATC's nice to see what everyone else has done too.

    Have a great week.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 73

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was great to see you again, and I agree, it makes all the difference putting a face to the desks (lol!) we see each week!! Your lemon drizzle looks as good as Fiona's, that's for sure. See you soon. Helen #7

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dolores, lovely seeing you again,even if it was for so short a time. You have a lovely selection of ATC's- didn't everyone make the most gorgeous ones? Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #20 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love to trade ATC's with you. thank you for sharing the pics so those of us in the US can see all we missed. Fun seeing people's faces. Diane #27

    ReplyDelete