Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

WOYWW 402, cards and a few new things....

Hello my dear bloggy friends!

Another dull day here in Kent - I really miss the sun can we please have a few days of it ? Or at least one whole day of bright sunshine!!! Please!!! That's my moan for the day!
Did you have a nice Valentines Day? We went out with our MG and had a lunch in a country side pub! Nice! At least I didn't have to cook!
Getting on with the usual stuff I have been busy up till yesterday with my Valentine's day cards and all sorts of other things.....my desk is as messy as ever - well I do tidy up almost every day but as soon as I make something we are back to square one! Huh!
So here is my messy desk...

Besides the usual mess there are a few novelties - I bought a few little bottles of enamel accents - I think they will be quite useful! Then there is a new sizzix wild flower die from TH. You must know by now that I am crazy about flowers so such dies grab my attention and end up in my stash...on the right hand side there is a pile of paper and on top of that are 2 new stamp sets - although I have lots of stamps I have virtualy non with bunnies, chicks and other stuff that would be handy for Easter cards so I got them and one is from Altenew and the other from Winnie and Walter! You will see them in detail when I make some cards with them!
Now here are 2 last cards from the Valentine's Day batch.....



I got some lovely mail art from Donna.....

I sent back a card in this colorful envelope.....I used distress inks to color the roses and then of course realised that if the postman carries it around in the rain it will turn into a big mess so I dried it properly and then put some glaze medium on it to protect it ! I did a test before hand as that could turn into a mess too but if you do it fast it works..... I know there is this TH micro glaze thing you can buy but a tiny container cost around 9 pounds so I think using the medium is cheaper!

 
And as last her is something I have been doing this morning .....just stamping and coloring but I don't know what it will end up being.....
I started here...


and ended here....

So there I think I am finished now - I have lots to do this week - 2 sympathy cards, 2 birthday cards and of course it is time to start on my Easter cards - busy times aye?

Have a lovely crafty week !
Hugs to all of you,
CARDARIAN



12 comments:

  1. Hi Dolores, so many lovely things to look at! You are indeed busy. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bike art card and OH no the Sizzix thinlets of the wild flowers/grasses. Just received "the months of the year" and a "multimedia" set and they cut like a dream, might have to add the wild flowers to my list. BJ#1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always visit my neighbors first! love your mess- I feel right at home here!
    Robyn 36

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dull & raining here this afternoon Cardarian & hoping Spring won't be long in coming .
    A lovely crafting desk & the TH flower dies I was thinking of getting too because I think they would be used on many future project.
    Happy woyww Jill #42

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are beautiful as always, but that envelope for Donna is what caught my eye. How pretty is that? I wouldn't have thought about protecting it but it makes sense. G and I got out for a Valentine's lunch too, it was a nice break from the decorating :-D
    Hugs, LLJ 14 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we would all like a bit of sunshine Dolores....funny how it lifts your mood isn't it? Love what you've been busy with this week.
    Hope you have a good week.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #15

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the makings of a nice Sympathy card! I love how you did the envelope - I also worry about rain and snow! I don't do envelopes as often as I want to usually because I am finishing the card at the last minute!Thanks for sharing! Lindart #40

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is a busy desk! glad you had a nice day out yesterday. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! I miss the sun already. Even though it was a lot colder in Minnesota having the sun shine really made my weeks. I feel so much happier when the sky is blue and sun is shining. Thinking of Spring...

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon k #38

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards and envelope are so pretty. Love them. Dorlene #43

    ReplyDelete
  11. we have been spoiled the last couple of days here in Belgium with lots of sunshine, almost spring like. Like both your cards,they are completely different. I'm currently also into coloring, not knowing where it will take me but i'm enjoying it. Happy WOYWW, Vicky #22

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous cards, love them. Have a great weekend and happy belated woyww, Angela x 17

    ReplyDelete