Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

WOYWW, cards and new stuff and a knee operation done!

Hello my dear bloggy friends!

It has been 2 weeks that I have been missing from WOYWW but of course the reason was my dear DBF had a full knee replacement which we were waiting for for ages and I had to turn all my attention to that matter! It is over now he is doing okay except for the pain which we are trying to manage with painkillers! Thank you for all the well wishes - they help ! I will show a picture of the knee in a minute but first the usual business of WOYWW - my desk and what I have been making and buying ( ha, ha a bit of retail therapy is always nice! :-) )
So my desk is busy - I have cleared it a little bit but on the sides you can see stamps, inks, papers, glues and all sorts! 

I have been making various cards - a day before the operation my boy celebrated his 70th birthday so I made a card for that occasion...

then I made a get well card for him after he had the operation....

This week I made my first Easter card - still about 30 to go but it is a start - I better get on with that....

I used acrylic paints for the background and the egg is a memory box die!
My last card is a birthday card I made for my DBFs granddaughter....

I colored the background with Broken China distress ink and then stamped butterflies all over it! I also colored some card with metallic Prima and Pebeo acrylic paints and then cut the Wplus9 butterfly frame out of that card added the sentiment and a few gems! So there that is all I have done this week! I think it is more then enough considering I have to look after my patient, clean, cook, iron and do all the rest of the housework! Huh!
To keep me going I bought a few bits - some Hero Arts neon inks and a set of pinky ALTENEW inks...

  I also bought 2 sets of Eclectica Paperartsy stamps - everybody knows I love flowers and these stamps I just couldn't resist!


Finally here is a picture of my DBFs knee - he had the dressing changed yesterday but it is swollen and not very nice!

I hope you have a good week - I will try to get round to some of you but I can't promise much - I am quite busy with my patient!
Hugs to all
CARDARIAN






11 comments:

  1. yay glad o know Alan is recuperating, the pain will get better, given time... nice to see your desk, and I suppose i need to do you a card for easter - although I am not promising - you knwo how totally chaotic I am.. love you hugely , dxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Lots to look at here - lots of beautiful items you have made. Well done. Take heart - the knee will get better. My husband had two knee replacements during his life. They were amazing. He walked almost to the top of Snowdon when they were done!!! They lasted well - one was done in 1975 and the other in 1991 - and both were great until the day he died.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #9

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of all those new inks. I can never resist trying different ones. Hope your DBF makes a full recovery soon. Sarah #24

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dolores, please give our best wishes, and a gentle hug to Alan. getting pain under control is so important, being in pain makes you feel so miserable. I do hope they are getting Alans sorted. Lovely cards Dolores, I'm amazed you found time! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy - you deserve the new toys!! Lovely cards, I'm surprised you found the time to make them! Poor little knee, looks sore, but I bet he's enjoying the attention from you! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #40

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just seeing that knee makes me hurt. You have been very productive even while tending to the needs of your DBF. April #37

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope he'll be feeling better soon. That's a big operation! Love the cards. Very pretty. The Paper Artsy stamps are adorable.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #34

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure Alan's knee will recover- it takes time, after all! the cards you made him are fabulous- and I know you will enjoy those new stamps!! Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  9. OooooH....eeeer that knee! Still it should get better now and that's the main thing. Happy belated WOYWW, Angela x 21

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh the knee looks sore but the pain will get better with time. Love the get well card you made and I spy a lovely die cut on your desk which I think I need!! Tracy #27

    ReplyDelete
  11. DBF showing off that stockinged leg - cheeky lol
    I love your cards - and you'll really have to blog about the new inks - especially the ALTENEW pinky ones - let us know what you think :)
    Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
    Bubbles #22
    http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/woyww-415.html

    ReplyDelete