Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

WOYWW, HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018, New Year resolutions? Naaaa

Good morning lovely bloggy friends!

Long time no see! Yes I have been away from blogging for a long time! No point in apologizing but sometimes (to be honest all year really) I need a break from things and this seemed to have been my break year! Too much stuff went on and I just couldn't deal with regularly writing a blog. Now should I start with new year resolutions? Nooo because I never stick to them! But lets say at the moment I have some inner determination that I will be blogging more often. Also showing my work so that maybe someone can benefit from it or I will benefit from criticism. Either way it might be good!
I am waiting for a knee operation which might throw a spanner in the works for a few weeks but I hope to be able to even blog about getting over that! Huh! 
So after that long introduction let me first say....
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!
I hope you will all have lots of health and happiness in this coming year and hopefully we will have some peace and kindness in this world!
Now the main object of my blog is of course crafting - and making cards this holiday season I have realized how much I enjoy crafting and also that the more you craft the better you are at it . Here are a few cards I have made this holiday season.....









I think I made around 60 or more and everyone of them was different so it was a lot of using my thinking cap! 
At the moment I am at home in Slovenia - at my old desk where all of you used to see me every week ... and as our lovely Queen of desk snooping Julia demands here is a picture of my desk - not much going on but there will be so stay tuned :-)


And here is something new for the new year - new cutting plates on my sizzix big shot! The old ones broke so I had to replace them - they did last a very long time! 


This turned out to be a very long blog post - I hope you stayed with me till the end - if not I get it don't worry! :-)

Have a lovely week and always enjoy your crafting!
Love and hugs to all of you,
CARDARIAN

17 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I seem to only blog on a Wednesday these days... intend to remedy that this year. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stayed. Nice to see those new plates and lovely to see a selection of your cards. I loved the one you sent to me - perfection for a reminder of a Victorian Christmas. (Not that I am quite that old).
    Good luck with the knee operation - do blog about it so we can keep up with get well wishes.
    Happy New Year to you and Alan, Neet 2 xx
    ps is it cold in Slovenia?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello good to meet you. Love your Christmas cards especially the chubby robin. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Anickoana #14 (link #7 doesn't work)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy WOYWW - and great to see you back. I have had one of those years too - and only seem to blog on Wednesdays now. I use Instagram as a way of 'micro-blogging'. Your Christmas cards are brilliant - and I particularly love the cat one (is that a stamp?). Ali x #9

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly I’d like to wish you a happy and healthy 2018 and hoping we can enjoy another year of fun and friendship.
    It’s really good to see you joining in the fun today.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #13

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back and wishing you a great 2018. I love your collection of cards ... all so unique. Have a great week.
    sandra de @10

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year. Lovely examples of the cards you have made. Enjoy using the new bigshot plates! They do make quite a difference, don't they?
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dolores, and Happy New Year. Love all the cards- 60 different is amazing! Hope the op happens soon for you, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cardarian, I stayed ... some beautiful cards in your post! Good luck with the knee operation! Happy New Year!! Heather #11

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, gorgeous gal - may 2018 be a wonderful year for you. Especially when you get those knees sorted out! The Christmas cards you made were beautiful, thank you for mine as well, which was very much appreciated. Hope you're having a good time in Slovenia!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year to you. Pleased to see you bak among us!
    What a beautiful selection of cards, love the last but one, black & white.
    have a good week
    Christine #29

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to see your desk for the first time and I look forward to more posts from you. Very nice Christmas cards!
    Ellie #24

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope the operation comes soon and that it all goes well. Here to wish you a great woyww and a very Happy and creative New Year, Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Delores,
    All the blessings of the LORD upon you in 2018, an dhope your crafting comes to be shared more often in WOYWW! I too didn’t share as often as I’d like, life happens!
    Thanks so much for your great desky share.
    Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #37
    PS the nativity card was my fav... but some great makes, well done!

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to see that you can replace the cutting plates, I keep wondering when mine will break! Your desk looks nice and busy, and your cards are gorgeous! I especially like the Santa one (the 1st one) and the cat one! Looking forward to seeing what awesomeness you are coming up with in the future! Have a wonderful 2018! Lindart #28

    ReplyDelete
  16. My word, we do make the cutting plates last and we do abuse them! I think new plates are a ridiculously lovely thing! Can’t choose between your lovely cards for a favourite, you did manage to make a lot, blimey! Nice to see a shot of your workroom, you must miss it. happy New Year to you both, and have all fingers crossed for the new knee part of your year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooh lovely to see a post, and I am amazed at all the cards you made, and every one different-wow that is a fantastic undertaking, well done.

    Good luck with the knee and thanks for visiting my desk already
    Kyla #4

    ReplyDelete