Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

WOYWW 582, The new blogger (no clue) and a slim line card!

Good morning friends!

First an apology! I haven't had time to comment on many blogs and I probably won't be able to do it this week as I am finally off to Slovenia. I will be leaving on Friday so there is a lot to do before I go. It is not just the packing but also visiting people, people visiting us before we go, going to shops to buy stuff we need to take with us - ah it is just an endless list! The biggest problem for me is to decide what crafty stuff to take with me! I am thinking of putting it all in a box and sending it via Hermes! I have stuff in Slovenia too but there is a lot I want to take with me! We used to go by car but it is risky this year (boarders might suddenly close) so we decided to go by plane which means 2 suitcases and no more! 
Anyway 2 things I want to talk about. First - the new blogger! I haven't got a clue! I reversed to the old one today as I didn't know what to do with the new one but they say they will get rid of the old version very soon. I really hope my daughter or her boyfriend will know what to do with it and will tell me when I get to Slovenia! Why did they have to change it? It was quite clear to understand as it was before! Anyway that was my moan. I am interested if any of you other people have a problem with it! I noticed Julia had to call in help from her daughter! 
The second thing I would like to talk about is the magic triangle. I think  a few of you liked it so I looked up what it is called and it is the MAGIC BEAD TRAY. You can get it at Bumbleberry Papercrafts, although at the moment they are sold out. How it works you ask! They have this pattern at the bottom of the tray looks like a hexagon and it is a little bit raised - I guess that helps the beads turn around! 
Ok then that is all my talking about things,  now back to the business of showing my desk....another messy one....

On the left there is my new project, which I will show in a minute, right at the front is an envelope I made to suit to the card, bone folder ( not the fancy one). and in the back there are new Dina Wakely gloss sprays. I did try them out and found they didn't do for me what they did for Dina on her video but still I think they will be useful. And now the big reveal....my first slim line card....they seem to be the in thing at the moment ...





I have been making cards for Alan's daughters and grandchildren for years - as I like flowers on my cards that is what I do mostly. It has been recently revealed to me that one of his daughters is not very keen on flowers - I could have taken notice of that before as she never wears anything else but  black and gray - no flowers in their garden and no flowers or color in their house!  I still can't give up color but I gave up flowers - no flower in sight on the card - only animals which she loves so I am probably good now! :-) Slim line cards? Well I am not that keen. Is it better upright or across? I fiddled with that for about half an hour...in the end decided this was the way to go....
I was going to make this  blog post short and sweet - turned out way to long! Sorry!
Don't forget to link up to Stamping ground HQ.
Lots of love and hugs to all, see you next time from my lovely home SLOVENIA!!!
CARDARIAN



10 comments:

  1. Have a good trip, safe travels and enjoy your time in Slovenia! It will be lovely to see your daughter again, it's been a long time. I love bright cards but understand that some people don't like it, the same with flowers. At least you can make her a monochrome card next time!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your slim line card is lovely - I can't imagine a world without colour. This one is bright and cheery. Have fun in Slovenia - stay safe. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dolores, yes, I've seen lots of the slimline cards being done lately, not tried any myself yet.Had to smile at the daughter story. Reminds me of a story from quite a few years ago. We were having a birthday party for me & Doug, had invited quite a few of my eldest sons friends, as we'd known them all for years. One of them had a new girlfriend, and he'd asked her to get cards for us. He took one look at the one she'd got me- pink and flowery- and said 'We CANNOT give that to Shaz!'lol. Hope you have a lovely time while you're in Slovenia, Stay safe, have a lovely week, hugs, Shaz #7 X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are fab and the blog post looks fine to me . Have a wonderful time away. Soojay #18

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope the trip goes well and you don't have too much excess baggage cost!! hope the op goes well - I assume it is happening while you are there this time? Love the cards. Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. I've been over to the blogger forum and we're not the only ones that don't like the new interface so we'll have to see what happens next.Have a lovely crafty woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe travels to Slovenia Dolores. Hope you manage to sort out getting your crafty stash there. I like the slimline card. Stay safe and happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #10

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dolores. Sorry I am a day late got a bit tied up with paint and phonecalls yesterday!! I hope that the trip to Slovenia means your op is coming up shortly!! I also trust you will get everything in your two suitcases - craft stash included!! I love the bright and cheery card - I LOVE colour - can't imagine myself living in a house all black and grey - which seems to be the only thing available on Rightmove at the moment!"
    Take care. Travel safely. Come back to us... God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colourful slimline card!
    I had problems with new blogger to start off with then I learnt where everything was (!) and began to be OK with it. Then this weekend all was back to square one. My scheduled posts were published, stripped of all links and some text - so they did not make sense. I found it hard to even write a new post as stuff was getting deleted or not posting. I reverted to old blogger just to get my posts written.
    Anyway I think that has been resolved again (I do send feedback but whether that has any effect who knows?). Now I am finding that all photos are being loaded at extra large size so I have to resize as my blog fits large size at the most...
    Happy belated woyww!
    Stay safe and keep well
    Susan #6

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have a wonderful trip to Slovenia. I am sorry to read of yet another person having problems with the dreaded new Blogger. It just makes me thankful that I made the switch to Wordpress over a year ago - a decision I have never regretted. Blogger managed to delete 8 years' worth of photos off my old blog and after I started to reinstate them I realised it would be a task lasting beyond my lifetime to complete! They just can't leave things well alone, can they. Anyway I hope you manage to get to grips with it before they withdraw the old version.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #12

    ReplyDelete