Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

WOYWW 573, Starting year 12...

Good morning dear friends!

I hope you are feeling well and have got over those hangovers after drinking all that champagne last week when we were celebrating our 11th anniversary!😀 This week we start year 12!!! Yipeee!!|
So lets get to my desk first....



What you see is some Altenew watercolors, an Altenew cover die......and then on the next photo the there is already a finished watercolor background and on the third photo a load of "junk" on my desk! Notice the tiny space I have left to actually do something!😏
I will explain quickly the technique I have been recently been doing which I saw on the memory box blog and it was done by Dave Brethauer. This is how it goes. You put some wide washi tape on a freezer paper, then choose any die you want and die cut it from the freezer paper covered in washi tape. this way you get a sort of "stencil" that has strong sticky on the back. I then take the die cut off the freezer paper (be very careful how you do it especially if you have chosen an intricate die!) and stick it on some watercolor paper. Then you watercolor and because the die is stuck very snug to the paper you get a wonderful result of watercolor and clean lines where the washi tape was stuck to the paper. You can use  various double sided sticky sheets but I think those are quite expensive where as we have big roles of washi tape tape in our stash. Why not use it?
I have 2 examples here... I showed this one in of my previos posts....





And this is todays background.... I die cut the background again in light gold card and added it on top...

I love this technique and thought I would share it.....
In other news....I have been very spoilt this week .....two ladies called Jo have sent me lovely presents... Jo - Twiglet has kindly sent me some prefelt and her daughter from Tilly tea dance a lovely coaster for my cup of tea! 😀 Thank you sooo much!





My lovely friend Jo from Jozart has spotted my humble attempt at felting and sent me a bunch of wool for felting....Thank you Jo - very much appreciated!


And I did not waist any time at all - made my second little felted picture straight away! Love doing this.....


That my dear friends is all from me this week! I did not get round to all last week but I will try to get to those I didn't say hello to last week - sorry time flies for me and suddenly we are back at Wednesday again! 
Link up to Julia's blog and have a good snoop around desks! 
Lots of love and hugs to all
CARDARIAN


9 comments:

  1. Brilliant technique with the dies and water colouring Dolores. I shall have to go and check out the link. I love how your felting is coming on too. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the watercolouring technique - looks very clever! So glad our little parcel arrived. How funny that the other Jo sent something too. Great minds! xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dolores, your card technique is fab, such lovely vibrant colours. Love your needle felted picture, so very pretty. Lovely gifts from some lovely ladies! Have a great week, Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz #17 X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cards , so pretty - lovely water colours . Your felting is Gorgeous!!!. Have a great week . Soojay #27

    ReplyDelete
  5. How is Jozart doing? I was thinking about her last week as she was on the video! Please send her my love when you next speak. Love those cards, the backgrounds are gorgeous and wow, you've taken to felting like a duck to water! It's fantastic, I. Look forward to your next ones.
    Hugs LLJ 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like an interesting technique, I'll be back to have another look at that. Love the felting too. Wishing you a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dolores. A beautifully executed technique - the cards are stunning. How lovely to receive such a gift - prefelt, wools... and already another finished piece. Well done - keep at it - the piece is lovely.
    Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
    Margaret #5

    ReplyDelete
  8. The water colour technique is stunning adn I love your felting. Sorry for running late this week, stay safe. with love & God Bless, Caro xx (#4)

    ReplyDelete
  9. An interesting technique - and I love the cards you have made! Also your beautiful felt. That was nice of Jozart to send you something. I was thinking of her the other day and wondering how she was getting on - I understood she'd stepped back from crafting for a while? I used to follow her blog ages ago and she did some awesome stuff.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #22

    ReplyDelete