Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

WOYWW. 20th July 2011

Good morning to all of you my lovely friends!

I have been a bit quiet this week - simply because life has taken over and I have been so so busy! And believe me this is not busy like housework busy or work busy - this is crafty busy! So what have I been up to??? I am doing a few things at the same time and I think I have taken a bit too much on myself - maybe more then I can handle but they say we should go to the limits and use every brain cell possible! So at the moment I am doing 3 classes!!!!!!
I am doing 2 Suzi Blu classes because I want to learn how to draw a face and a simple body because my skills of drawing have somehow stayed on the level of a 3 year old child, and I thought I really must improve that at 54!!!!! (oh God am I  really that old?????) It is such an interesting experience - I am learning so much - not just drawing - I am learning all about paints, mediums - stuff I had no idea about! Really amazing! I must admit that since I signed up I haven't stopped going to the art shop, as I didn't have anything needed to do the class. On the other hand I have also been doing the "Summer Card Camp" as my first love are still cards...
I made one today for "Less is More" which I will show you in a minute....
Lets start with my desk! I hope the photos will be better then last week - I have now studied my new camera a bit and I think I am making better photos....here is an overall view....



and here is a more detail of my mess.....


I realize now that I have complicated a bit too much with this card....I stamped 5 different stamps with different ink every time - then punched out circles ('cause thats what LIM wants this week - CIRCLES) and then I thought it was all a bit dull I went over each circle with glazing medium makes it pop out a little bit - and yay I am using my new medium ( you can see it on my desk!)...I could have just punched out circles from different DP but huh I didn't think of it! How daft am I????? Anyway here is the result....I think this card with the color combo might even be good for the Summer Card Camp


Not finished yet....I made another box of flowers - this one is traveling to the States to Amy.....


I used glazing medium again just to make the top bit pop....I also added something for a bit of texture - ha, ha all stuff I have been learning from Suzi Blu.....

and this is what is inside the box.....


And as last I am showing my Annie....it is the first drawing I made....it isn't perfect but I am open to critique so please tell me what you think .....
Ok NOW I am finished! I will be coming round to all of you - well as much as I can - some I missed last week.....but I am telling you now I won't be here next week....I am off to the seaside with my friend - there is no internet where I am going so no WOYWW! Still before I go I will post again and I will be doing stuff at the seaside so when I come back you will have lots to see!!!
Have a lovely, snoopy day!
Lots of hugs to all of you,
Cardarian

25 comments:

  1. I started a SB course a couple of years ago but things got in the way and it has been my intention to start again. Had the pleasure of meeting her in real life at CHA a couple of years ago.
    Love your card and your box is scrumptious.
    Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet x #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whit a name like Annie she just has to be perfection :-) Well done you for filling your days so brilliantly.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great lim card and i love the box too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the card is lovely, and Annie looks pretty good too. Have a lovely week at the seaside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzi blu je bila tudi moja prva delavnica. :) In na začetku boš delala zalogo barv in materiala kot zmešana samo potem se ustavi. Tam čez kakšno leto. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your box most. Really beautiful flowers you've put on it. And what a colour combination. Really great. Wish you a nice week at the seaside. Bye, Franka

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much gorgeousness on your desk... scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowsers you have been busy! I love to see a desk all built up with inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great post full of lovely makes and creativity. I cannot do faces either... great LIM card and that box is fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing today!

    Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that card - I really like the way you cut the circles from the stamped paper. Great layout, very simple, and the colours are gorgeous. I'm 50 in 10 days time, so I'm not far behind you (!!) and have decided to meet it head on and not be afraid of challenges or different paths. More power to you, Cardarian! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi hun
    wow you have been busy, i can't draw match stick peeps!lol, gorgeous box of flowers, what a lovely gift, luv ya LIM card, your picture is 100% better than i could do, thanks for the mooch, happy WOYWW, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one jam packed post! I guess it makes up for missing you next week. That's a doozy of a card and that box for Amy is the BEST. Love it. I'm super impressed with your face. I can't draw for squat, so I love it when people are able to and are willing to take chances. Happy WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. FAbulous card Cardarian, love the colours

    Thank you
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much going on there and your desk is buzzing! Your drawing is going well and I like Annie. Remember the more you draw the better you get. At this stage you are thinking of too many factors, technique, colours, medium, shape form etc. Eventually it will just become instinctive and you have made an excellent start so keep going.
    Can you email me your email address please, I cannot find it. Mine is on my side bar.
    Love JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post Cardarian and a super LIM card!
    I'm afraid that my commenting duties at Less is More have kept me from WOYWW... I must make an effort one of these days!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh you weren't kidding when you said you have been busy. The box is stunning, great colours on your circles, and I think you have caught a very expressive look in your drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous card! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You really have been busy ...Love the punched and stamped circles ... so effective...and the box and its contents is stunning.I had to smile when you moaned abou being 54 ...wait til you are 64 ...I really hate mirrors now a days.Have a great break xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. you definately are busy! Love the card with the punch outs of your stamps. Great technique! Good luck at the seaside next week! We will miss you- Amanda #45

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooh lovely makes and I love your drawing-thanks for sharing.
    kyla

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh what a lovely crafty time you have been having. I love little Annie - well of course I do - she is my little sister -ha ha! Your little Annie is lovely too - I think I should enjoy drawing or painting classes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Talk about taking on so much! You sound happily busy though girlfriend - very important! Your lessons are paying off then - your girlie drawing is amazingly good, love her. Love the LIM card too - because you didn't use DP...I'm a stamper at heart for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your desk looks exactly like mine....wonderfully busy! Yup, lets go with that, K? Good for you taking on all those classes...I've been thinking about it myself. As you say - time seems to get in the way! Love Annie she is darling...enjoy you seaside trip!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that card, a simple design but a lot of work to get that perfection. By the way, as you probably read in my blog, I did not sort out the technical problems. Instead our machine was taken to Shaz's(Silverwolf) husband for intensive care and recuperation. Thank you for your visit earlier, it is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  25. three classes! wow! your projects are looking good and your drawing is so cute!

    ReplyDelete