Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

WOYWW, 6th July 2011 and Inspiration!

Good morning dear friends!

How are you all today??? The sun has just come out in Ljubljana, although we did have a foggy morning! 
First up - thank you for everybodies comments last week - to some I got back to some I didn't - sorry I will do better this week! I finally sorted out everything to do with the bathroom - well they haven't started the work yet but I have decided what I want and who I want to do it! So now we are waiting for the tiles to arrive - they are coming from Spain - I decided to go a bit fancy with the tiles - designer is Agatha Ruiz de la Prada - very colorful tiles - I know white is the in thing but I need color and even if something is IN I don't care! 
Enough about that - you will hear more about my bathroom once we actually start the work....
More to the point lets have a look at my desk....not too busy, although I have been making cards, I try to keep the desk tidy....I have now so much stuff piled up on the desk if I just put a few things on the central bit I have no work space at all.....so bare that in mind when you think I am tidy - I am not!



I was making a card for the Less is More challenge and the challenge is shades of blue, thats why all those blue pencils are out!....if I look down from my terrace I can see a garden with lovely bushes of blue hydrangeas - I think hydrangea is one of the flowers that can show all the shades of blue you can imagine....so here is my inspiration....


And here is the card ( sorry not a very good picture today - very bad light - inside and outside!) on which I have used lots of shades of blue - I stamped with Memento Paris Blue and then used my pencil colors to get in all the shades...

and a bit of detail.....


I have some photos from our faculty excursion which I will show you in my next post - amazing orchids to be seen !
I will wrap this up as I have been posting long posts lately and I know you are rushing around to see other desks so thank you for visiting mine and I will be around visiting yours! 
Have a lovely day!
Lots of hugs to all of you...
Cardarian

36 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card...I love the blues of hydrangeas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is absolutely beautiful just love hydrangers .I have a pink one but that blue is beautiful and so beautifully portraid onto the card.Have fab wednesday
    hugs judex 15:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous card - love the stamp! Thanks for dropping by - will try and post a how to on the fresco paints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi hun
    lovely creative desk, gorgeous piccie of the flowers, wowzer your card is fabulous, awesome colouring,thanks for the mooch, happy WOYWW, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers and lovely card. Good Luck with your bathroom renovations. Always hate the mess. Have a great WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this - the colouring is just stunning! Hope the bathroom goes well when work begins :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dolores,

    love the card, and yes go for the colour - we had to wait three months for our Spanish tiles of the most amazing black grey shine that looks silver in bright sunlight and black in the dark and every shade of blue in between depending on the light/dimness, beautiful, and ten years later they still look like new

    so worth the wait, and the time it took to find whilst putting up with bare plaster walls sealed with PVA

    I have to do some stuff today & promised to drop by with Darcy - can we skype tomorrow evening say 8pm (GMT +1) ? that way i can simply listen and not have other things on my mind/to do??? I have you in contacts from last time...

    Speak soon,

    Dxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow those tiles are unbelievable ...cant wait to see what you chose and how they look. Yes white is in but colour is so warm and friendly.
    That is a pretty card xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope we get to see the bathroom when it is finished.
    Lovely card - gorgeous shades of blue and terrific inspiration (mine are not out yet but then it is cold and wet so much here in the north of England.
    Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet #4

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful tidy desk, Gorgeous Hydraenga, (my favorite flower) Keep smiling and creating. Good luck on the tiles and reno.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful use of the blue theme - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card and that image is just gr8

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bathroom sounds like it's going to be a fun project, I love colour, not into just white everywhere. Love the card and the hydrangea flowers too. Hope your leg has healed up a bit? We're supposed to get a thunderstorm later, but right now it looks like it's passing us by! Hope we get it, we need the rain!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Cardarian, simplicity at it;s best!
    Those tiles by that designer look fabulous Will eagerly await progress of yours!
    Thank you
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, I love that stamp.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so beautiful! I might try hydrangeas in fabric - they really are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for your comment on my blog - you asked about embossing paste ..... check out this how to youtube vid ..

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XqAMsqhjEo

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card. That stamp is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great card. love that image and the depth to it. Those tiles look fun. Nice and bright and clean. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  20. it all sounds as tho it's going to be fabulous! (I'm guessing as the pictures haven't loaded yet!! ) Happy crafting
    HaPpY WoYwW!
    ((Lyn)) #29

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely hydrangea stamp. I've got them growing here too and one of them is white. Hope your leg is OK now?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the hydrangea image and your colouring is wonderful, great card,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just love your flower and the blues!!! Beautiful.Hope the bathroom is soon a lovely oasis for you. Thanks for all your lovely words and visits - hope to see you at MMM soon!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  24. What wonderful plants to get inspiration from, fab stamp and beautiful blues.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice looking desk. Awesome card with the hydrangeas. Beautiful coloring. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #44

    ReplyDelete
  26. I see you've used that beautiful hydrangea stamp! I love that stamp and it's so pretty in blue!! My Card

    ReplyDelete
  27. White is boring - colour is king! Love the tiles you're going for - can't wait to see the finished look.

    Love the card - I have hydrangeas too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great card and interesting post. Go for it with colour for your tiles. Life is a kaleidoscope and it's up to us to add the coloured pieces to it!
    Love JoZarty x
    We'll have to make a date to craft on your terrace and in my garden together one day for real!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Agatha Ruiz de la Prada is one of my favourites- I was drooling over her stationery and expensive tins at Alicante airport last week...the colours are wonderful! Can't wait to see the tiles. Love the colouring and the sentiment on the card - somehow kinder then Get Well Soon - that sounds a bit like an order really!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a pretty get well card! The blue flower has a very calming effect.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Working on the basis of how much time you spend in a room alters how much colour or busyness you can take!! Dining rooms and bathrooms you are allowed to go to town on... you don't spend hours and hours in either of them!! Love the hydrangea card, beautiful shading!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you for your lovely comment! Love your pretty card, works so well with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely card Dolores, so well coloured in, love that stamp :-) Another lovely card below too.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete