Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

WOYWW 29th December 2010

Good morning Everybody!

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are now ready to party through the New Year festivities! Well I must report that I have safely (although a bit bumpy) arrived to Stansted and am now writing this from Maidstone Kent! So no desk for me! I will be travelling to The Cotswolds today where I will be spending New Years Eve but also having a look around Bristol and Bath! I hope all goes well and we don't get stuck in any traffic jam as we did on Monday when we were driving home from the airport! We sat in the car for an hour and then the police directed us up a slip road, stopped the traffic and let us go another direction, otherwise we probably would have sat there till morning - there was obviosly some bad accident and they couldn't clear the road! Poor people who had such bad luck during the holidays!
Well to give you a short update on all the rest of the goings on... I had a lovely Christmas with my mom, my daughter and my brothers family - I cooked a big meal and we ate, chatted and after dinner my brother took out the guitar and we sang carols and also other songs ( that we could remember the words of ha, ha) It was a fun day! My daughter came over the next day and stayed with me and mom all day so we had a bit of a craft session - not making cards, but teaching my daughter a few knitting tricks .....here is my beloved daughter and mom figuring out how to knit a sock.....


We had a fun day!
I got some lovely presents - also some crafty ones - my daughter got me a voucher for the craft shop that opened in our city so when I come back from England I will be rushing over there - ha, ha that doesn't mean I won't grab a few items here in England ....
I am lucky to have 2 Christmases - one at home and one here in England....I got some lovely presents under the Christmas tree here too and yesterday I was treated to a shopping day at Bluewater - my DBF is sooo good to me! I got a lovely new coat, a new dress for New Years Eve and for the first time in my life I had my bra fitted - ladies if you haven't had that done before you should! I now own a bra (actually 3) that fits perfectly, ha, ha I feel like a right Dolly Parton!!!!!
So my dear friends you are now up to date with all the news, I will report more when I get back!
Wishing you all a lovely NEW YEARS EVE and lots and lots of health, happiness and love in 2011!!!!!
Hugs to all of you
Cardarian aka Dolly Parton :-)

24 comments:

  1. Bras that fit! I'm fortunate enough to know that feeling too and I would tell any woman to bet fitted properly for a bra as well. Yay!

    I'm glad you made it here OK. I just hope you can get back!

    Have a wonderful New Year.
    cheers, rachel #15

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't wear one ( but then I'm a man !! lol), but I am sure having one fitted has to be a good idea !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are having a great Holiday Dolly...lol Bra, what's a bra fitting..hehe

    Happy creative crafting in the New Year. Thanks for the peek and sharing, hugs Marjo #10

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh that sounds like such a lovely holiday and christmas time with family. Love seeing the younger generation learning to knit.Have a lovely new year.
    Sandra #29

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've been having a brilliant time.

    Your Dolly Parton comment made me laugh! I had a fitting last year & was about 4 cup sizes out, oops!

    Enjoy the rest of your trip & have a very happy new year :-)

    Ciara
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a lovely Christmas day with your family. Enjoy your time in England too and I hope you have a perfect 2011.
    Love JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you've had a great time and more fun on the agenda. Enjoy and Happy New Year. S #48

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great time with your family. A good bra is essential!! And makes such a difference (speaking from experience here).

    Have a great New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your time in the UK, Happy WOYWW and have a great new year.
    hugs Minxy #33

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh 2 Christmasses! Lovely :) Best Wishes for the New Year. Happy crafting Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is nothing like getting properly fitted. It should be done every few years as out bodies change. :)
    Have a wonderful holiday and Happy New Year!
    Carole #62

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy the rest of your stay, don't spend too much, lol!! Have a safe journey home when the time comes, and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you had a lovely Christmas at home and another one once you got to England. I have always wanted to see Bath. For some reason, it sounds so romantic, especially the way the British say it. I'm sending positive thoughts for you to get home safe and sound with no delays.

    I think you need something to go INTO the bra before you need a bra to fit! I'd need about a pound of fiberfill to look like Dolly Parton. Good for you, though. You really DID get spoiled.

    Enjoy the rest of your holiday and have a lovely, safe, and artful New Year. See you in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy your time in England-Happy 2011
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol - in total agreement on the bra fitting!!
    Glad you had such a lovely family time over Christmas. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear you had a lovely Christmas. It's good to see tradional skill being passed down from generation to generation - it was my Grandmother who taught me, aged 4, to knit. I wish you and yours a healthy and happy New Year. Elizabeth #57

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sounds like a brilliant visit, and I'm sure you'll have a great time in the Cotswolds too. The carol singing sounds like great fun! Congratulations on the new Dolly-fitting - bet it feels great to be really comfortable.

    Have a lovely time in England and a great New Year.

    Bernie #17

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh your next year is going to be heaven with that new fitted bra! Hauoli Makahiki hou and have a good trip home. #1.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have friends that live in Maidstone...I miss them as I haven't seen them since 2000 when they visited me in Australia.
    Have a lovely holiday in the UK!
    Happy final WOYWW for 2010 and Happy 2011!
    Susan #13
    http://stamponme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a great Christmas so far, and lucky you getting two Christmases! Your bra comment made me laugh, but it is important, I saw a survey that said 60% of women were wearing the wrong size bra!! Hope you're having fun in my home (and much missed) country. Have a great New Year.

    Hugs
    Brenda 81

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello! Have a Happy New year!!! I made a new blog. :D I hope you can follow me. :) http://cozycomfycouch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. All in all it sounds like you had a great holiday. #75

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good advice about the bra fitting makes a big difference - have a great time in bristol and bath - Nicky 38

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy New Year Dolores ;-) Hope you had a great time over here - assming you're back there now. Sound like you had a wonderful Christmas.
    Forgot to say, I have the same set of drawers from Ikea :-)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete