Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

WOYWW 604 Happy new year 2021?!?

 My dear WOYWW friends! 



I have not blogged since August! So sorry I haven't been around! My plans for 2020 were to have 2 knee operations - one in April and one in November! Of course none of that has happened thanks to COVID so I am on crutches now - well at least if I go out of the house! Luckily  we are still healthy - my daughters boyfriend did catch the virus but he got over it and is well. We are very careful, don't go out much - except for a walk when it is sunny and to our little local shop to get bread and milk. 

To talk about crafting - I have made a lot of Christmas cards and birthday cards! I am having a big rethink about the way I will be buying stash and crafting. Maybe some of you ladies have seen a video from a lady called Justine Hovey! She was on various design teams and has made 700 videos over the years! She talks about how she has given up being on all design teams and how she is really fed up with these constant new "kits" coming out, pushing us to buy more and more. And I agree! When I started making cards and that is believe it or not now about 12 years ago new things were coming out twice a year or maybe 4 times a year! It was mostly spring and just before Christmas! Now it is almost every week ! And it is overwhelming! You try to keep up with the trends but it is just impossible! I am taking a new approach. I find that when I had less I was making nicer stuff or should I say more inventive! I still love all the dies I am a big fan of but I need to just try and use other techniques and use all the thousand things I have and have never used or used only once!!! I wonder what you ladies think about that. Do you still buy a lot or do you choose wisely? Let me know!

To show you my desk .....it is in a big mess, lots of leftovers from my Christmas crafting - ink pads, glitter, glues, dies, washi tape, bags of pearls and sequins, cards....


 




I hope 2021 will be better for all of us, although there will be a few more really tough months ahead! Covid cases will still be rising so please everybody stay healthy and safe and listen to the advise of the science! Research on this virus is evolving and they are finding new things every day, so be patient and listen to what they are saying!
Here is my last card of the year - I hope I will be back with more interesting cards and crafts  in the new year.



Happy New Year! Enjoy your holidays - see you soon...

LOVE AND HUGS,

Cardarian

13 comments:

  1. Great to see you, but sorry your knee ops didn't go ahead - hardly surprising, but very disappointing. I do buy lots of new stuff still - even use some of it too! Glad you are keeping safe and well. Happy New Year to you and Alan. Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you here. Missed you Dolores. We have just gone into Tier 4(well midnight we will) but it won't make any difference to us we have been isolating since March as I am extremely vulnerable, so they say.
    Hope you and Alan can stay safe and well and you can get your operation as soon as it is safe and possible.
    Hugs, Neet 13 xx
    ps you look like Jo in the photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am sorry to hear your knee operations have been postponed, that is the awful downside of Covid. We are keeping out of the madness as well, our area has very high numbers just like Kent, we are lucky in that we can walk on the beach. I agree with not being forced into buying unnecessary stash as well, we don’t need so much as the companies say we should.
    Happy New Year to you and Alan!
    Hugs LLJ 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see you on WOYWW again but sorry to hear your operations have been postponed. Hope they can be rescheduled soon. I have watched that Justine Hovey blog and had to agree with what she said. I gave up trying to keep up with the next new thing a long time ago and have more fun trying to use what I already have. Happy New Year. Elizabeth x #32

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to see you Dolores but sorry to hear about your ops being postponed. I must admit that I tend to stick to just a couple of brands these days and ignore the rest, Still have more than enough stash though. Stay safe, happy WOYWW and Happy New Year. Sarah #9

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you all the best for 2021 and that when life is safer you can have those knee ops needed to make life much more comfortable for you.
    Our creative spaces have been a blessing to us crafters this year. Happy WoywW Tracey #7

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, hope you will forgive me for being so late this week. Nice to see you back again. Sending New Year hugs and happy belated woyww wishes, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw Dolores, how great to see you. Thank you for your beautiful card, absolutely lovely. So sorry about the lack of new knees, let’s hope the virus control means that you won’t have to wait too much longer; your life will be transformed! I completely agree about the buying of stuff..I’ve spent very little this year in comparison to previous years, and I make a point of not looking at selling sites until I need something. Consequently this year I can, hand on heart, say I’ve much much less stuff than I had, and I’m not buying for the sake of it.!
    Keep well, stay away from bugs!! Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your operations but glad you have managed to stay safe. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. Praying for a happy and blessed New Year for you and yours. With love & God Bless. Caro x (#16)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you the very best for 2021 and hope that your ops can go ahead!
    With all these lockdowns it has been very easy just to click on items I have seen and suddenly they are in my cart...
    Happy WOYWW!
    Stay safe and keep well!
    Update on here in Victoria – after more than two months with no Covid cases we now have a handful again…
    Susan #15
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!


    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear you are still waiting for your operations and hope you are not in too much pain. I agree it is hard if you attempt to keep up with the trends. I have noticed with mixed media that there are new products coming out all the time. I am ashamed to say I have bought stuff that has not even been opened yet. This is the year when I use everything- possibly! Wishing you a happy and healthy new year Angela #14

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry your knee operations were cancelled/postponed. I'm in the same position with my parastomal hernia repair - but if they'd got on with it and not lost me in their system twice last year, I could have had it all done and dusted before the dreaded Covid struck. It's left me feeling very annoyed. I hope you are not suffering too much pain in your knees. I agree with you about the pressure to buy more and more crafty stuff. The trouble is, it's all very tempting, isn't it! You think you can't live without it... I do agree that with less, you have to be more inventive and creative, and surely that's what it should be all about!

    Happy belated WOYWW and happy New Year,
    Shoshi #25

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year!

    I am so tired of people trying to sell me things. I have been on a "no buying" crafting diet for the past three years! Now, I don't even really think about it anymore. I buy the necessities (cardstock, glue, tape, etc.) but the rest I ignore.

    Sorry to hear that you were unable to have your surgery. I hope that 2021 brings you to a better place!

    Be well and stay safe!

    Chana Malkah, #1

    ReplyDelete