Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

An experiment

Good morning my friends!

How are you today?? It seems a lot of us have been enjoying the lovely spring weather - our nights are still quite cold but during the day it goes up to 20 deg C.
Today I thought I would show you a bit of an experiment I did! It is actually a comparison of TH Distress Markers, Caran D'Ache Neocolor II Watersoluble and Van Gogh Watercolors! 


 I had this Penny Black Bunny image I stamped and I thought I would give the TH distress markers a go...then I thought, lets see how I will do with watercolors and then I thought to try the neocolors
Here are the results - without looking further down the post try to guess which image is colored with which medium!


Ok now you had your play now here are the results....


My "research" results  (I am a complete amateaur)  showed the following...

TH distress markers are nice for accurate painting  because you can color a bit and then pull the color out with your brush!Plus you can go in with the plastic tip to get into details. Very smooth no bits rolling off the paper but ( there is always a but) the colors are of course in TH style so not as bright! 
Watercolors are smooth - still none of those bits but you can't be as accurate as you can be with distress markers, still colors come out much, much brighter! 
As for the neocolors - I don't recommend them for doing smaller images ( they are ok for art journaling) - it is hard to be accurate as the pencils are quite thick plus I noticed bits rolling around when I was coloring!  
Also although I used very bright pencils when I mixed water with them they became very transperent and the lovely brightness was gone!
I don't know if any of this makes sense to you but it might help someone choose... I am known to be a critic of some of TH products but I must say I like the markers. I haven't used them on stamps yet ( well I tried them on a flower but not really mixing colors ) but I will have a go because I actually bought these markers because I wanted to do multi color stamping! I will let you know what I think!
That is all folks! Go out, sit in the sun and enjoy life ( take a coffee or tea with you ha, ha) 
Lots of hugs to all of you,
Cardarian

No comments:

Post a Comment